Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pictures of Our New Home

So we've lived in Albuquerque for 2 1/2 weeks now. We are no longer living in a maze of boxes. Most things have a place and our apartment is feeling like home. Now all I need to do is finish decorating. I figure I'll just share pictures now and not wait until I'm satisfied with everything (that will probably never happen since I am always changing my mind).

First we have the living room. It's a long room with an awkwardly placed closet but it works. It's easily twice the size of our old living room so we love it!


We got my sister-in-law's old entertainment center which works great for us. Thanks Michelle!

This wall above the couch troubles me. Who in their right mind would put the thermostat in the middle of the wall!? I have no idea what I'm going to do to decorate around it. Any ideas?
And this is our dinning room/ office area. It's a great size. We were able to put our chest with a bench on it up against the window. So now we easily have sitting for six at the table.

Our kitchen is tiny but we have the biggest pantry closet in the hall so that makes up for the small size. My favorite thing about the kitchen is that there is a doorway to get into it which means I can block Lexi out with a baby gate!


Since I first took the pictures of the kitchen, I've put up some of my license plate collection. It adds some color.
Lexi has her own room for now. Eventually, I want to move Avery in with her. For now Lexi is still in the crib. When I'm ready (and when they are) Lexi will go into the toddler bed and Avery will go into the crib.

I love Lexi's room. It's over double the size of her old one. She actually has room to play. Her closet is huge so we use it as our storage closet for all our random things that don't have a place.
Our bathroom is tiny but we don't mind. I'd rather have the square footage somewhere else.
We have TONS of storage space in our bathroom though which is perfect for all our stuff.
And last our the tour is our room (and Avery's room too for now)...

8 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

fun sam! it is GINORMOUS compared to cougar court! i bet you're loving it!!

Valerie Christensen said...

Oh, I've been excited to see the new place. I'm with you on the thermostat...not sure how you could cover it up, but you are crafty so I'm sure you'll figure something out.
I like how you hung the alphabet cards in Lexi's room (we have the sames one and I want to do something with them--they are so cute).
You've done a lot in 2 1/2 weeks--there are parts of our house that I haven't even touched (and probably won't for a looooong time).
Talk to you soon!

Michelle said...

Love what you have done with the alphabet cards. I did not want to stick them to the wall so using clothes pins is a great solution. The apartment looks big and I am impressed with how quickly it is coming together. We have lived in our house for almost two years and I still have not touched my dining/kitchen area. I am impressed that you have even removed all boxes.

Allen Family said...

It's looking good! About the thermostat, I would put a wreath in the middle and go from there. Good luck!

Courtney said...

SO cute! I love it! I can't wait for a change now that I see your new apt! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I think you should get a shadow box that opens and put it over the thermostat. Then you can put a picture or scrapbook page on the door and no one will know what is behind it! Love it and glad you are settled and happy! Miss you!

Suki Lotti said...

Photo wall. Or frame wall. If you have many objects on the wall, you won't notice something like a thermostat. (BTW, I have a similar problem, but the way I have the room laid out, it doesn't bother me that it's in the middle of the wall.

Chelsi said...

Yay! I'm so excited you guys are coming in August. I didn't realize you were going to bless Avery here. I might be doing the photography for Aundi's wedding. So, I'll probably see you there as well!

As for the 2nd car thing. That would be nice, but we really need the money more than the 2nd car. WE're selling the Focus. We might have 2 cars for a bit until the Focus sells though. I just kind of want to be done with it though. It's a great car, don't get me wrong, but since we're selling it it kind of just want to move on you know?

Anyways, so glad to hear that all is well for you after that whole huge moving craziness! You are one great momma to handle all that so well! I love your new place. It looks like there's lots more room and you've done a great job with it!

Beth Tunnell said...

Oh my goodness, Sam! You are super mom! You look more moved in than we do. I love how you decorate. I still can't figure out where to hang our pictures, so I don't think I can help you with the thermostat problem, unless you can rig a special frame that you could hang over it, and make it so that it opens like a little door so you can adjust the temp.