Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lexi's First Week of Preschool

Again my pictures of so pixelated on Blogger. Grrr.


Anyway, Last week Lexi started Preschool.


I can't believe that she is old enough to go to school.





Lexi goes to Preschool on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-noon.


She is in a co-op style preschool.




There are six kids and every two weeks we rotate whose house we have preschool at.


The moms are the teachers.

Each week the kids learn about a different letter.
On the weeks of holidays they learn about that holiday.


Every first Thursday of the month we have a field trip.

We have some fun field trips planned, including the fair, a pumpkin patch, a tour of Dion's (an amazing local pizza restaurant), Explora (the local children's science museum), the aquarium and Art Attack (I'm not really sure what that is)... just to name a few.



Lexi loves preschool.


She has loved doing art projects and eating snacks and learning about new things.




I have loved the time at home in peace and quiet since Avery naps during preschool.



I'll explain this last picture.

Lexi and her friend Tess (who we carpool with) are wearing astronaut helmets they made out of milk jugs. They were learning about the letter A and astronauts.
Tess is 9 months older than Lexi. So she's going to be one of the oldest in their grade and apparently one of the tallest. Lexi is going to be one of the short, young ones!

No comments: